PROFESSIONAL RUG RESTORATION
SPECIALIST IN ORIENTAL, OCCIDENTAL RUGS, TAPESTRIES & TEXTILES
We pride ourselves in the quality of our work and only employ highly skilled and experienced craftspeople. Our Oriental Rug restoration team inspect each rug, irrespective of size and value is handled with the same level of skill and professionalism using only the best quality cleaning products and materials.
A photographic record is made of the rug on arrival into our workshop, highlighting areas that require particular attention eg: colour restoration, moth damage, edges, stoppers etc. giving us and our client a record of the rug prior to commencement of work. Once the rug is ready to be returned we photograph it again so that we hold a ‘before and after’ record of every rug that has gone through our workshop. Our dedicated oriental rug restoration workshop can restore all types of rugs and European tapestries, antique and contemporary rugs and carpets.
Our comprehensive service includes:
- Invisible repairs to holes, burns and tears
- Repair and restoration of frayed edges and fringes – selvages and stoppers
- Re-weaving and re-piling of worn areas – often due to moth damage
- Full restoration of damaged rugs – be it fire, water or spills
- Exact colour and wool match – important when dealing with antique rugs and where possible we re-use old materials similar in age to the rug
- Fixing curled edges and corners by applying faux leather strips
- Stretching and size alteration
- Water damage – restoration of colour
- Odour removal from pet staining
- Mould removal
Oriental rug restoration: Timing
How long will it take?
This will depend entirely on the size of the rug and the extent of the repair work to be done and we will indicate a timescale at the outset. Some more complicated repairs take longer as we have to match the designs with the correct colour and age of wools. We take pride in doing the work correctly and making sure our customers are delighted with the results.